Fundamentals of Graphic Design Offered by the California Institute of the Arts
Graphic Design course offered at coursera platform by California Institute of the Arts. Enrollment in this course is free and also offering 7 days of free trial.
Learn the building blocks of graphic design with this Fundamentals of Graphic Design course. Offered by the California Institute of the Arts, this course reveals the major elements of both digital and printed designs. With the prevalence of graphic design in our lives, it is essential to understand the fundamental principles of design: image-making, composition, typography, and working with colors and shapes.This course takes you beyond watching someone talking about design; you get the opportunity to engage in exercises with practical projects. At the end of this course, you would have become a pro in image-making techniques: composition and visual contrast, language and skills of typography, and working with shapes and patterns. By completing the recommended briefs, you get the opportunity to apply a core set of graphic design skills to your projects.
- An introductory course—ideal for beginners.
- Learn how to implement fundamentals of color: rhythm, visual and pattern in design.
- Course delivered by California Institute of Arts by top instructor, MichaelWorthington.
- Nine creative assignments (two compulsory, seven optional) for real-time practice
- Part of a specialization—complete all the four courses in the graphic design specialization to earn a certificate.
- A bit too basic for those who have had experience in design.
- May not be suitable to those without a beginner’s level of Adobe Creative Suite programs, such as Photoshop, In Design, and Illustrator.
Specification: Fundamentals of Graphic Design Offered by the California Institute of the Arts
On demand video, Other downloadable Content